Easy-to-make yummi & healthy thai quinoa meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 15 minutes / Yields: 4 servings
- Unrefined sesame oil
- 1 cup dry roasted quinoa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon microplaned or minced ginger
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 oz pineapple, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons of Tamari soy sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- Chopped organic peanuts (optional)
- Chili flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer.
- Bring water/broth and coconut milk to a boil.
- Add quinoa, garlic, salt and chili flakes.
- Bring back to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat and add some sesame oil.
- Add green onions and ginger and cook for about a 1 minute or so.
- Add peas, pineapple pieces and cilantro and cook for an additional minute.
- Add cooked quinoa, Tamari soy sauce and lime juice to the wok, and stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional minute or two, or until the quinoa begins to get crispy.
- Serve with peanuts (optional). Enjoy!