Oh do I have a surprise for all you lemon fans out there! I’ve got these cute little Raw Vegan Lemon Meltaway Balls for you, full of all the tangy lemon tartness that you love.
And…they have options too!
You can eat them plain, roll them in shredded organic coconut, roll them in almond flour, powdered sugar (not raw), or even put them in the dehydrator and they will be slightly hard on the outside and soft on the inside and be more like a lemon cookie.
I’ve made them both ways and can’t decide which way I like best. Probably without using the dehydrator but only because I don’t have to wait to eat them.
You basically just put everything in the food processor, roll them into a ball shape, and they are ready to eat in a matter of minutes.
These little guys are flourless, grain-free, and gluten-free too!
The basic ingredients in a traditional lemon bar dessert can include up to: 2 sticks of butter, 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 4 eggs, and 2 cups of processed sugar.
That’s 2 sticks of butter and 2 1/2 cups of sugar! And they are not even vegan or gluten-free.
1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup organic raw coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 – 2 tablespoon organic maple syrup (or raw honey for non-vegan)
- 3 organic lemons (fresh squeezed juice)
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined.
- Take out about a spoonful at a time and roll them in the palms of your hand into a ball shape.
- Leave them plain or roll in shredded coconut flakes, almond flour, or powdered sugar (not raw).
- Put them in the refrigerator to firm for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature as the coconut oil melts.