Easy-to-make, yummy gluten, sugar, and dairy free, raw almond joy bars
- 3/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup raw coconut sugar or xylitol
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 cups of dried, unsweetened, raw coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons raw agave nectar or (xylitol dissolved in little water)
- 1-2 teaspoons organic almond flavoring (not raw)
1. Place coconut in medium bowl.
2. Whisk coconut butter (not the same as coconut oil), agave/xylitol and almond flavor. Pour over coconut and mix well.
3. Pat over first layer, top with chopped almonds and ganache. (see below)
4. Refrigerate to set.
- 1/3 cup almonds, coarsely chopped