3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
3 cups cooked beans of your choice (or use canned, organic EDEN beans)
Sea salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
Tortilla chips organic
8 ounces mixed shredded cheese (preferably organic, raw cheese)
1 cup no sugar added salsa
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 sliced scallion
- Carefully heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cumin and cook, stirring, until the garlic reaches a golden color.
- Stir in the beans and cook, mashing with a spoon, until the beans are coarsely pureed. (If needed, add some fresh water).
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the tortilla chips on a baking sheet or a large heavy skillet, then top evenly with the beans.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the beans, and bake until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Top these nachos with dollops of salsa, cilantro, scallion and home made guacamole and serve.
2 ripe avocados, mashed
4 scallions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 small handful cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and season with a little Celtic salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix everything together thoroughly, add back the pit, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.