One loaf of gluten free bread, pan size 10 1/2cm x 26 cm long
- 300g whole uncooked quinoa and 60g whole chia seed
- 250 ml water [half to soak chia seeds, the other half to combine in the food processor]
- 60ml olive oil
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ½ tsp sea salt, juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 160 c...fan forced oven.
- Soak quinoa in cold water overnight in the fridge.
- Soak chia seed in ½ water until gel like...just give a few stirs.
- Drain quinoa and rinse really well through sieve. Make sure water is fully drained.
- Place into food processor, add chia gell, ½ cup of wather, olive oil, bicarb soda, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix in processor for 3 minutes. Should resemble batter consistency with some whole quinoa let in the mix.
- Spoon into loaf tin lined with baking paper on all sides and the base.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours untl firm to touch and bounces back when pressed with fingers.
- Remove from oven and cool for 30 min in tin...then remove from tin and cool completely on rack. The bread should be slightly moist in the center and crisp on outside..
Store wrapped in fridge for up to one week.....frozen for up to 3 months. Delicious lightly toasted in a pan until golden on both sides.