Easy-to-make gluten and dairy free pumpkin and spinach subji.
- Half pumpkin
- 1 big pack of baby spinach leaves
- 1 Ayam premium coconut milk
- water or whey (from the homemade cheese)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil or grapeseed oil
- Spices: 1 pinch of asafoetide
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 chopped chili (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salt, black pepper
- Put the oil in a big cooking pan and sprinkle the asafoetida in. Put the other spices in ginger, then chilli fenugreek. Stir them for couple of minutes and be careful not to burn them. Stir the spinach slowly with the spices on moderate temperature. Put the salt in and stir until the spinach become soft. Then add the chopped pumpkin. Add the coconut milk and needed amount of water or whey to cover the veggies.
- Add black pepper, turmeric mix them well with the veggie and let them boil until the pumpkin would be perfectly soft.
- Serve the light and healthy subji with hot steamed rice.( you get special steamed rice if you make it with whey instead of water, little butter and salt)
- You can use different veggies as well.