Sweet orange juice and mild vinegar make a tangy and hearty tempeh.
- 2-3 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package tempeh, cubed
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups thinly sliced greens (cabbage, kale, etc.)
In a large skillet heat peanut oil over medium heat. Add in tempeh and cook, stirring often, until tempeh is just browned on all sides – about 10-15 minutes.
In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, coconut sugar, and garlic until sugar dissolves.
Lower heat and add orange juice mixture to skillet. Stir to coat, and cook about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce will thicken and tempeh will continue to soften.
Serve with grains, greens, or inside wraps for a sweet and sour meal! EnjoyYields 2-4 Servings