This is a wonderful, warm, nourishing meal. A true vegetarian delight.
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced or HING
- 2 small onions or leeks, trimmed, rinsed and minced or HING
- 1-2 Tbsp curry powder
- ¾# butternut squash, peeled and medium diced
- 1 zucchini, med large, medium dice
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 12 oz frozen peas
- 2, 14 oz cans coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- Sea salt
- ½ cup toasted cashew nuts, chopped
- 2 each scallions, minced
- ¼ cup coconut toasted
- Heat large pot and add oil.
- Saute onions and garlic for a few minutes until leeks begin to wilt. Or just add Hing as onion substitute.
- Add curry powder and stir, toast curry lightly, being careful not to burn.
- Add diced butternut squash and sauté a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water and salt to sautéed vegetables. Bring mixture to a boil, turn down to simmer and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and chickpeas to pot and simmer until vegetables are just tender.
- Right before serving add peas, basil and cilantro.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Garnish each dish with toasted cashew nuts on the top. Serve other garnishes in small bowls on the side so guests can help themselves.